Saturday, March 31, 2012

Books I've Read in Mali

Certainly not my most interesting post, but since I do so much reading here (catching up on the past 9 years!!) I thought I'd post a list...just in case anyone's interested. (It's totally ok if you're not at all interested).

*Titles in green are about Mali/Africa.

*Titles in blue I think are absolute MUST reads. There won't be many. Not that I don't like the rest, but a few really stick out as everyone should really read them.


Nine Hills to Nambonkaha
Monique and the Mango Rains
Segu
Sons and Lovers
On the Road
Dharma Bums
Don’t Let’s Go to the Dogs Tonight
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
The Marvelous Land of Oz
Icy Sparks
The Woggle-Bug Book
Ozma of Oz
Chicken Soup for the Volunteer’s Soul
Strength in What Remains
The Last American Man
Sundiata: An Epic of Old Mali
Hannah’s Dream
Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz
Without Buddha I Could Not Be a Christian
Dancing Skeletons
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
The Second Summer of the Sisterhood
Girls in Pants
Twilight
New Moons
The Mermaid Chair
The Road to Oz
Sisterhood Everlasting
Eclipse
The Namesake
The Emerald City of Oz
Three Cups of Tea
The Patchwork Girl of Oz
Mango Elephants in the Sun
Breaking Dawn
The Cruelest Journey
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
The Wives of Henry Oades
A Life Inspired
The Heart of the Matter
The Count of Monte Cristo
Tik Tok of Oz
The Last Summer (Of You and Me)
Water for Elephants
The Pact
Fool
When Rain Clouds Gather
Love in the Present Tense
Around the World in 80 Days
Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky
Song of Solomon
The Scarecrow of Oz
Great Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe
Heaven is for Real
The Three Musketeers
Snow Falling on Cedars
Angela’s Ashes
The Lost Princess of Oz
Glinda of Oz
The Help
Lucky
Vanishing Acts
Into Thin Air
The Blonde Theory
Second Glance
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Bridget Jones’ Diary
The Red Tent
The Road
The Magic of Oz
Live, Life, and a Polar Bear Tattoo
The Lady of the Rivers
The Thirteen Clocks
The Women of the Cousins’ War
The Tin Woodman of Oz
Keeping Faith
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Have a Little Faith
Atonement
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Devotional Stories for Women
Say You’re One of Them (also about Africa)
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest
We Are All the Same (also about Africa)
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay
Born to Run

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I have been keeping up with your wonderful journal these past few days as the uncertainty in Mali is seemingly intensifying by the minute. I am scheduled to leave for Mali at the end of May, but my gut feeling is that things will change and I will not be able to go. :( This is hard because I was supposed to leave for Benin last June, but a quick car accident a few days before departure delayed my staging for nearly a year. Now my fear is that more delays or cancellations will ensue... any words of wisdom? :)
    Thanks,
    Patrick
    PS I hope this email finds you well and things will gradually return to normal!

    ReplyDelete